The multi selection (vertical) button fell off. Nikon Canada (Toronto) asks $282.49 for the replacement of a $3 rubber button.
This is a two-year old Nikon's flag ship camera D4. If you pay (tax incl.) nearly $7000 for this camera you expect that it retains itself intact under all circumstances. The drop-off of this button seems to be a very common issue with this model. I am providing with some links below that show how common the issue is. I understand that certain things may happen due to the owner's misuse or an accident. In that case there is no abuse or accident. This piece must not drop off even after years. I am not a photojournalist and don't use this camera under severe conditions, but it still did happen.
Replacing this small piece may cost to Nikon $3 + 10 minutes labour. On the other hand, it would cost an unhappy costumer, lots of word of mouth, and lose of reputation.
I wouldn't argue if it were an abuse of use or an accident. In that case, I really expect that Nikon does fix the problem, at least for the reputation of Nikon Canada and for the contentment of a nearly 20-year loyal Nikon customer.
Note: Here is only few of the links on this common issue (multi-selection vertical button) of Nikon D4:
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Nikon D4
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "I bought a RainSoft water softener after mailing in a water sample that I brought home from Home Depot. I wrote the check (see attachment), but the account is..."
- "I got lured in to buying a tv here because of the price..i think we all do. Nowhere did it say they were re-sellers of refurbished product. I bought..."
- "I purchased the KitchenAid Buillt-In Combination Electric Convection Oven and Microwave Oven in the summer of 2012. Last night I ran the self-cleaning cycle for perhaps the second or..."
- "I have been buying the gronk flavor since it has shown up on shelves. Recently I bought 3 Gronk monsters and found this at the bottom of each one. I..."
- "Terrible customer service I ordered 2 Canvas couple of days ago as soon as did my purchase I noticed my canvas were black & white and I sent you guys..."
- "AVOID POSHMARK! I bought Burberry boots on their site saying they were new with tags. I got the boots in the mail and they are scuffed, and say made in..."