The multi selection (vertical) button fell off. Nikon Canada (Toronto) asks $282.49 for the replacement of a $3 rubber button.
This is a two-year old Nikon's flag ship camera D4. If you pay (tax incl.) nearly $7000 for this camera you expect that it retains itself intact under all circumstances. The drop-off of this button seems to be a very common issue with this model. I am providing with some links below that show how common the issue is. I understand that certain things may happen due to the owner's misuse or an accident. In that case there is no abuse or accident. This piece must not drop off even after years. I am not a photojournalist and don't use this camera under severe conditions, but it still did happen.
Replacing this small piece may cost to Nikon $3 + 10 minutes labour. On the other hand, it would cost an unhappy costumer, lots of word of mouth, and lose of reputation.
I wouldn't argue if it were an abuse of use or an accident. In that case, I really expect that Nikon does fix the problem, at least for the reputation of Nikon Canada and for the contentment of a nearly 20-year loyal Nikon customer.
Note: Here is only few of the links on this common issue (multi-selection vertical button) of Nikon D4:
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Nikon D4
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "We purchased our Whirlpool Cabrio washer and dryer from Lowe's in 2011. (Whirlpool Cabrio Washer Model WTW7800XW2). Before our one year warranty expired, I noticed the lid was..."
- "Have just spent 7mths renovating our house purchased a Miele clean steel dishwasher, this week my cabinet maker installed all our appliances that had been stored together hot plate, oven,..."
- "This refrigerator is quite cheap, but don't this let the price fool you. The quality of the stainless steel is the worst. After 3 months since we purchased it, front..."
- "I was forced to switch to Frontier because they bought Verizon in California. I have had a service tech to my home and the product is still unwatchable. Dvr is..."
- "I just bought a box of crackerjack at the ball game. I ended up leaving the game in the second inning because the crackerjack had broken/cracked my tooth. I ended..."
- "Went for trim. Hair butt length. Girl screwed up and manager had to fix. Now my hair is shoulder length, i cried during the fix. I am tramatized by this...."