Update by user Aug 30, 2013

Talked to Nikon tonight 8-30-13 and they sent me a photo of the "impact damage" to my camera.It was not damaged in any way when it was sent to them.

They damaged the camera and gave me an estimate of 109.00 to fix it, I paid 129.00 for it.

I asked her how *** she thought I was and told her they better start checking out consumer complaint websites to see that other people say their equiptment had been damaged by them.NEVER EVER will I purchase from them and would not reccomend them at all.

Update by user Aug 29, 2013

Got the camera back from Nikon a month after sending it in for repairs and the wide/telephoto wouldn't work.I sent the camera back with a letter I would like it replaced.

I got an extimate/acknowledgement saying my preference was a REDO, which I did not ask for I asked they replace it. I called them on 8/29/13 and they told me it was broken because of "impact damage". The camera was never dropped , I told her if it was they did it.

She proceded to tell me they had pictures, so now it is a waiting game.I am not happy with them at all, I should have purchased another Kodak.

Original review posted by user Jul 18, 2013

On May 12 I purchased the camera on May 22 I gave it as a gift.Exactly 30 days later "lens error" came up and it was unusable.

I boxed it up and sent it to the company on July 1 and I have yet to get it back or a replacement.

After a run around on the phone I was told it was fixable and they were waiting on a part.I asked them if the would just replace it and they said no and was told it could take up to a month or more to get the part I would never buy another thing from Nikon nor would I reccomend them to anyone else.I have alway had Kodak and I should have stuck with them.

Had an Experience with Nikon?

Comments

suegr
Dillsboro, Indiana, United States #697601

Aug 4th got the Nikon camera back and it still doesn't work. When buying a camera think about something else instead of a CoolPix 5200. I now have to send it back.